Blended Leg

Just a general needlework and cross stitch blog

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I am a geek


After seeing my Doctor Who needlework, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

I reinstalled an old version of PCStitch to see if it'd work on my XP computer.


Not only did it work, but I was able to import jpgs to create cross stitch patterns. I'd tried this before, but I hadn't much success. I suspect I was trying too complicated pictures.

So what did I do for my first project?

I charted a familiar symbol for fans of "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate: Atlantis" -- the point of origin symbol from the Earth gate. After several attempts, I came up the final version you see stitched on aida. The hardest part was figuring out to scale the picture down, so the symbol could be small enough for bookmarks. I'd love to see it in other colors, maybe in a starry or sea variegated thread.

I'm not sure how well the Pegasus gate addresses will translate into cross stitch. They're less symbols and more constellation patterns. Maybe with backstitch & french knots for the dots?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Eliza said...

Oh wow!
Thats cool!
I guess I am a geek too. An a old hippie. lol

Eliza

9:35 PM  
Blogger Milly~ said...

Neat! My husband is a Stargate fan so he will get a kick out of this.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home