Blended Leg

Just a general needlework and cross stitch blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The unfortunate heron

So the flamingo was lonely in her menagerie and asked if maybe I could stitch a bird-like companion. Since I needed a project for the Stitch N Pitch game, I readily agreed to stitch Aury's heron, if I could find fabric and floss. I had a whole batch of Vikki's pretty D-bag skeins to choose from. Y'know I was tired of stitching the same colors, so I stayed away from my usual crimson/red/scarlet variations. I instead picked out a lovely shade of orange. I only finished about half of the project at the game. The biggest irony was looking at my color choice -- I'm a Washington Nationals fan and we were playing the Baltimore Orioles, so there I was at Nats Park in my red W cap stitching an orange bird at our home game. And yes, the Orioles wound up winning 2-1. Irony thy name is...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hi Julia,
I love your heron, as well as your flamingo below. We are hoping you can make it to the HDF stitcher's gathering on Saturday 28 June. We can give you a ride.
I hope you can join us. Thanks, Heather

10:08 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Hi Heather,
Yes, I'm definitely interested in attending the event. I'm having trouble emailing Margo, though. Her yahoo address is bouncing.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home